Trinity's 8th Annual "Christ for Africa: A Mission Auction"
Saturday, May 6th - 6:00 - 9:00 P.M.
African Mission Auction
You are invited to attend and support our 8th annual African Mission Auction on Saturday, May 6, 2017, 6 - 9 p.m. in Trinity’s gym.
- Silent & Voice Auction
- Delicious heavy hors d’oeuvres, wine, soda & beer
- Raffle opportunities
Tickets are now on sale!
- If purchased before April 30th - $40
- At the door - $50
- Seniors over 55 - $25
- High School & College Students - $10
Call the church office for details at 262-242-2045.
Items for Auction
CLICK ON EACH LINK FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT EACH OF THESE ITEMS UP FOR BIDDING.
Vera Bradley Weekend Away Set
Ladies Coach Purse
Four Hours of Arborist Service
Dinner Party for 8
Two-Night Stay at the Scandinavian Lodge, Sister Bay (Door County)
Getaway Package to Lakelawn Resort on Lake Delavan
Kohler Gift Certificate with Amenities
Weeklong Stay at Solberg Lake
FISHING, HUNTING, CURLING, GOLFING PACKAGES
Sport Fishing on Lake Michigan
Golf at Quit Qui Oc Golf Course in Elkhart Lake, WI
Let's Go Curling!
Ultimate Shooting Party for 6 People
BADGER FOOTBALL TICKETS
Four Tickets - Wisconsin Badgers vs. Utah State - Friday, September 1st
Four Tickets - Wisconsin Badgers vs. Florida Atlantic - Saturday, September 9th
Four Tickets - Milwaukee Brewers vs. NY Mets - Saturday, May 13th (Star Wars Day event)
Four Tickets - Milwaukee Brewers vs. S.F. Giants, Tuesday, June 6th (Bark at the Park event)
Four Tickets - Milwaukee Brewers vs. S.F. Giants, Wednesday, June 7th (Stitch 'n Pitch event)
Items for silent bidding include:
- A Paul Hornung Autographed Green Bay Packers Jersey
- African Basket with Assorted Craft & Food Items from Kenya
- Pie A Month
- Ice Cream Lover’s Delight!
- Wild Wings - 12 bird pheasant hunt with lunch & beverage for 1 person.
- Handcrafted Wood Cutting Boards By John Geidel
- Vera Bradley Hipster in Black & White Camocat Design
- Lu La Roe Ladies Printed Skirt – Size Medium
- Brown Coach Hobo Handbag
- Grey Brahmin Handbag
- Head of Christ – Framed Needlework
- Deluxe Basket – All Things Chocolate!
- Gourmet Pizza Dinner for Four
- Helen Laabs Bigelow : Basket of Daisies Acrylic Canvas
- Helen Laabs Bigelow : Mums with Wheat Acrylic Canvas
- Hand Embroidered Table Runner, 8 Place Mats, 8 Napkins From Governor’s Mansion 1921
- Warren Von Thongen "Winter Cabin & Lake Scene" Oil on Canvas
MISSION SUPPORT OF AFRICA
Trinity's African Mission Auction raises the needed funds to support the work of several ongoing mission efforts in several African countries, as well as Milwaukee-based ministries that serve the needs of African immigrants. These include:
- Lutheran seminary in Togo;
- The mission work of Solomon Salam Ayagri in Ghana;
- The distributions of Lutheran catechisms to the people of the Congo through the efforts of Pastor Kasongo Gui Kabeo;
- Support for Pastor Gui and the French-African Lutheran congregation (the International Lutheran Church of Zion) which is located in Milwaukee;
- The purchase of Malaria-preventing mosquito nets;
- Support for SLCD, a Lutheran-based organization in southern Sudan that works to train midwives with essential skills to reduce infant mortality;
- Capstone Ministries and Pastor Dan & Patty Schmelzer as they work with the at-risk youth of Kenya.
- Special needs like the new roof for St. Joseph Lutheran Church Kumasi, replacing the roof destroyed in a rain storm in 2015.
Through Trinity's Christ for Africa mission auction, Trinity supports a number of African countries and ministries. These include:
- Sending individuals on Mission Trips to Congo, Uganda, Ghana and Togo
- Missionaries and their families whom we have supported:
- South Africa - Rev. Glenn Fluegge
- Ghana - Rev. Salaam Solomon Ayagri
- Ghana - Rev. Nathan and Sarah Esala, Lutheran Bible Translators
- Malawi - Rev. Robert Wendtland, missionary and church planter
- Supporting African ministries:
- Lutheran Malaria Initiative in Ghana
- Feed My Starving Children food packs to Ghana
- Sudan Lutheran Community Development - training midwives in Sudan
- Lutheran Center for Theological Studies (CLET), a seminary which trains French-speaking Africans from all over Africa
A MESSAGE FROM PASTOR SOUK
One of the African missions supported through the Christ for Africa Mission Auction is the seminary in Togo. In this video, Pastor Souk, the director of the seminary, is thanking Trinity Freistadt and all those who take part in the Mission Auction for our great support of the seminary. He thanks us for making it possible for four students to continue their studies. Three of those students are from the Ivory Coast, and one is from Burkina Faso. Soho Hubert is doing his vicarage in Bakoubli, Ivory Coast. Glon Anatole is doing his vicarage in Toulepleu, Ivory Coast. Tade Edmond has left the seminary for personal reasons. Grogoh Amadou is doing his vicarage in Burkina Faso. Pastor Souk thanks us again for the generous gifts that made it possible for these men to pursue their pastoral formation. He thanks us for supporting confessional Lutheranism in Africa by contributing to the work of the seminary. Pastor Souk also talks about the need for dormitories. Right now the seminary students stay in various parts of town and have had trouble with Muslim neighbors. The seminary hopes to build houses on campus for the students. It costs about $8,000 to build one house. Having the students together will make it easier for members of the seminary community to spend time with each other and to help each other grow in the faith. Pastor Souk thanks us for our support of the dormitory program and asks us to continue. The dormitory program also includes building a home for the dean of students and bringing water and electricity to the area. Pastor Souk has given us blueprints of the dormitory project. He wishes us a blessed Easter Season.
Greetings and Thanks from Pastor Salaam Ayagri